Tuesday 18 June 2013

My First Beauty Blog - Dark Angels

Ok, So in a bid to expand my blog a little I have decide to try my hand at beauty blogging. I have shown you what products I like to use before, but never really reviewed them.

I'm starting safe by reviewing a product I adore and use almost daily!

Ladies and gents, boys and girls, I give you Dark Angels from Lush.....


Dark Angels is basically Angels on Bare Skin but designed for those with oilier skin types. Containing charcoal, sugar and a form of mud called Rhassoul, Dark Angels is an exfoliating cleanser and which makes your face feels amazing soft.

To be honest I was a little scared to use this at first. I mean, look at it! It looks like mud and charcoal. It felt very strange to be putting something 'dirty' on my face....but after the first few washes you forget about the colour.


I had read some reviews which said that it was difficult to wash off and that it stained bath, but I didn't find that it did either. I did, however, find it easier to wash the cleanser off with a flannel, a bit like a hot clothe cleansers.

I suffer from occasional bouts of adult acne and often find that products work for a while but eventually stop working or, on occassions, make my skin even worse that when I started using it. But Dark Angels seems to keep the breakouts under control. Even after a course of antibiotics, I noticed a considerable inprovement.

I cant recommend this product highly enough. Also, due to the small amount you use per wash (pea size) its really good value for money (100g pot is £6.25). My tub lasted me about 12 weeks and I used it 5/6 times per week.

The natural ingreadinace really seem to have help my skin, which means I am wearing less make up to cover my break outs, which, in turn is also improving the condition of my skin.

I hope Dark Angels continues to keep my breakouts to a minimum. As long as it does Lush will have a loyal customer. And I might even find a nice natural moisturiser to use too!

No comments :

Post a Comment