Wednesday 12 June 2013

Simply Be Blogger Takeover!

Last Wednesday I popped myself across to Manchester for the launch of the Simply Be bloggers takeover launch!

The lovely Lauren, Laura and Em where all given the amazing opportunity to collaborate with Simply Be to design a outfit which would be sold on the Simply Be website. The girls gave a talk about how they came up with their designs and how the Simply Be designers helped them create their outfit!


I think Simply Be have done exceptionally well to allow the girls to design an outfit that they wanted. It really seemed that they were given free reign on design and print, with helpful guidance to what would and wouldn't work, you can really see the girls' personalities in their dresses.

During the event there was also a talk from the buyers and designer from Simply Be. I found it really interesting to find out how brands design and pick ranges. I love the fact they design from what is 'fashionable' instead of what they think plus size women should be wearing. I also love that they seem to be interested in what the consumer want. They were very keen to ask about what we liked, what we didn't like etc etc. and although they are never going to please everybody, Simply Be have, and will have going forward, some amazing ranges and collaborations to launch.

During the event we also go a sneak peak of the AW13 range (which will be on display at Plus North). Items inspired by the 40ies, folk, the 50ies, the grunge era. (I was so intrigued by some of the new range I forgot to take pictures....oooops)

I was also excited to hear that Project D London are doing another range for AW13. Although I didn't love all of the last range of items were really special! The buyers talked about the price range and it has, apparently, been reduced.

I also found the dress of my dream..... the pics are really bad but you will kinda get the drift.... floor length, black with lace over lay MAXI!!!!! I honestly haven't stopped thinking about it since last week..... Me and Becky are going to the British Plus Size Awards in November.............and I have my dress!!!! THANK YOU MISS MINOGUE!!!!



What I wore....
Over sized tee - ASOS Curve
Midi Skirt - Clothing at Tesco
Shoes - Barratts

No comments :

Post a Comment