Wednesday 7 December 2011

The Body Shop Extra Virgin Minerals Range.

As part of my birthday box my mum bought me some Extra Virgin Mineral foundation and powder from the new range at The Body Shop. As I have stated in a previous post, I am generally not a fan of foundations as the often leave me with break outs.




This foundation is really special. I have worn it for over a week and haven't had any breakouts. Its gives a really even and smooth finish. It looks really nice dewy and fresh look and feels really light. It feels like a tinted moisturiser or BB cream but with a fuller coverage.

The Foundation - Extra Virgin Mineral Liquid Foundation - £14

The infomation from The Body Shop website is:

This liquid mineral foundation is a unique combination of pure minerals and cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil. It provides light to medium, ultra-blendable coverage with an immaculate, dewy finish.

It is also fragrance and paraben free and contains SPF 20.

The Powder - Extra Virgin Mineral Loose Powder Foundation - £15

The information from The Body Shop website is:

This featherlight powder base gives a radiant, natural-looking finish and can be built up for extra coverage. It is non-comedogenic and suitable for sensitive skin
  • Buildable coverage
  • Radiant finish
  • Covers imperfections and fine lines
  • Dermatologically tested
  • Contains SPF 25
I am forever on the hunt for the perfect loose powder. I have tried just about every brand under the sun. This is one of the best powders I have used. I have used it with the mineral liquid foundation and with my normal BB cream, and with both its gives a good matt finish without making your overall look dull. The pot of mineral powder is very small and I imagine if I use it every day it won't last very long.


Excuse the half asleep look, I was actually still half asleep. No make up.


Just the foundation and powder.



My full work face for today.


The only down side that I found with this foundation is that you need to put it on with your fingers. I used it with my foundation brush for the first application and it left my skin feel really sticky and heavy and it looked really shiny. I think that it is ultimately because you end up using far too much foundation. When I used my fingers to blend I used a lot less.

Overall I would recommend both products. The Body Shop also have a pressed powder in the Extra Virgin Mineral range.

My 'work face' today is - The Body Shop Extra Virgin Mineral liquid Powder and loose powder. Benefit Bad Girl Lashes mascara and Vaseline intensive care lip balm with a hint of pink.

(Please excuse the poor iphone pictures. I can't find my camera!!! Arghhhhhhh!)

*No products where supplied to me by The Body Shop. All opinions are my own. I have not received any payment for this review.

No comments :

Post a Comment