Tuesday 4 December 2012

Day Four - what do you want to be when you grow up?

When I was younger I wanted to be so many things. In wanted to be a teacher for awhile, then I toyed with the idea of wanting to work in forensics and when I was doing my GCSE's I settled on the idea of becoming a probation officer for young offenders.

However during my GCSE's I discovered the perks of earning a full time wage. I managed my A1 year whilst working 30hrs a week. And at 17 it was hard! I decided I like the idea of money more and dropped out of A2 year.

Now, a whole 10 years after leaving school, I wished I stayed. I know now what my dreams are, what I want to do and how I want to do it.

My dream job now is to be a photographer (not that you can tell from my crappy blog pics!). I love photography. I love the thought of catching a memory forever. Photos tell stories. And I love stories.

The only thing I have missing is a decent camera. I have had professional DLSR camera but never learnt how to use of properly and I hated the bulk of it.

Now a days thought you can buy compact size cameras they produce stunning DLSR style photos.

I am saving up for this camera. The Nikon 1 J1. Nikon are on par with canon at producing amazing camera's. Then hopefully when I get my bonus in the summer I'll be able to buy a DSLR and go on a photography course. 




Do you like photography? What's your dream job? 

Toni x

1 comment :

  1. Oooh, I hope you get to that photography course as soon as possible. There's nothing like being in a learning environment where you're doing what you love.

    My dream job is to be a jewellery designer & maker, so I would make lines of jewellery myself as well as commissions & gallery work. I'd like to lean more to the commission/gallery and art objects side of the jewellery world in my ultimate dream job scenario. :)

    http://sortlifeoutbuymilk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete